The UK SDMAG is a not for profit organisation which operates under a charter – with a board of trustees. The trustees have a wealth of industry experience!
- To set, regulate and improve the standards of martial arts and self defence instruction across the UK. This includes training, policies and procedures and governance.
- To support martial arts instructors, clubs and organisations in attaining and maintaining high standards of industry best practice
- To enable the public to find fully vetted and highly trained instructors and clubs across the UK
- To support all individuals in learning self defence and martial arts, whether as a positive lifestyle choice, intervention or recreationally. This includes a national anti-bullying programme, a student travel safe programme, work with women’s refuge groups and at-risk clients as well as regular mainstream adult classes and professional courses.
The board of trustees:
- Chairman – Major (Retired) Huw Roberts, formerly of the Royal Military Police Close Protection Unit
- Chief Instructor – Reece Coker MSc, SAC Dip – L8 MITD Self Defence Specialist, Security Expert and Psychologist
- Chief Operating Officer – Ross McLeod – former Inspector with Strathclyde Police
- Deputy Chief Instructor – Rocky Tamplin – Martial Artist – L5 MIT Self Defence Specialist
- Head of Training Delivery – Magdy Roshdy – former Egyptian Military Air Defence